Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Useful Box for Putting Things In...



... as Winnie-the-Pooh would say!

A recent visit to Hobby Lobby turned out to be expensive when I discovered the box aisle. I am attracted to any kind of storage item, but particularly to boxes covered with leather, fabric, or designs. Woe to me, then, that Hobby Lobby had a set of boxes with vintage fashion images! I settled for the largest box and heroically resisted the rest -- but even with my 40% off coupon, it came to about $20. Let's just say I can't get used to doing this...

But I am always in need of storage, so this box has a functional as well as a decorative use. It's roomy and quite sturdy, two attributes that will prove very useful, indeed. Regardless of what I decide to store in it, I have a feeling that he contents of my box will probably differ greatly from Winnie-the-Pooh's!




I love the clasp...



...but the vintage shirtwaists have stolen my heart!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, my, that is spectacular! I'd love such a box to store fabric in... if I could find room for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirtwaists are lovely! I think that would have pushed me over the "buy or just admire" edge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is lovely! I too have to say that the shirtwaists would have proved too tempting:-)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!