Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week in Feminine Dress: Saturday


Today has been a mixture of an impromptu jumble sale, ironing, sewing, writing, and cleaning.

For the first time this year I pulled out my tea-rose pink cotton skirt, modified from the Sense and Sensibility Beatrix Skirt Pattern. I combined it with a white blouse that I made in imitation of a Laura Ashley blouse.



And a "fun" pose to show the front of my shirt:



Today has been hot! The Florida sun was doing its best to make life miserable today, so I've been staying in the cool(er) seclusion of the house today. Thank goodness for cotton!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely blouse! And I love Laura Ashley!

    And are all those hats yours? What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! Laura Ashley is such a neat brand, isn't it? I also like J. Jill, April Cornell, and Liz Claiborne. Some of the things they sell are so pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, feminine outfit! I love that second picture... you look so darling!

    ---Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blouse, it's such a pretty shape!

    Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! :)

    Cheri, a few of the hats are mine -- but I never wear them because I don't really wear hats!

    Janna, I love all of those brands, too! My inspiration files are bursting with saved images from those companies :)

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!