Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Week in Feminine Dress: Wednesday


Today was "errand day." In the morning, my mother, my sister, and I took a trek to some of the empty lots in our neighborhood. We collected several cups of the boysenberries that grow wild in our area. I had to wear jeans to pick berries today because of how prickly the vines are(the jeans are my mom's, since I actually don't own a pair right now), but I did wear a pink shirt and a cute straw hat!

Later on we drove into town for errands and my violin lesson. For the errands I wore a turquoise Talbot's linen A-line skirt -- which I found on the $1 rack at a local consignment shop. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it has a lovely paisley design with white and lavender. The top is a thrifted white cotton blouse, a rare find since white shirt are usually in pretty poor shape.



Shockingly, I didn't make a single thing in my outfit today. Which is becoming increasingly difficult to do!

Happy Day Four!

7 comments:

  1. I love the color of your skirt! What pattern did you use to make the gored skirt you posted about yesterday? It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thank you! The pattern I used is a "gored skirt calculator," available here:

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/crispin.roche/panels.htm

    It's free! You can adjust the length, hem width, etc. It does take a bit of "fiddling," though, since each piece ends up identical. I usually end up shaping the hips a bit more. But if you don't mind altering it to fit, it's a great (and versatile!)pattern.

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I just had to post and tell you how much I admire your style. Modest, feminine, beautiful -- I love it! I can't wait till tomorrow's post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you look so sweet! Those little ties on the blouse sleeves are quite darling. Are those butterflies on your sandals? They're very cute!

    ---Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt Shannon! It looks so light and airy! I accually was given some plaid fabric that's the same color that I am planing on making a skirt out of.

    And I love your blouse too! What a find! I can never find any white blouses at thrift stores around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for pointing me in the skirt generator direction. I don't mind fiddling with a pattern a bit, and I am looking forward to trying it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janna, thank you so much for your kind words! I can't tell you how much they lifted my spirits. Sometimes I struggle with looking "different," so you have been quite an encouragement!

    Clare, yes they are butterflies! These poor sandals are about to wear out, but I can't bear the thought of giving them up. And I had been wanting a shirt with ties on the sleeves for the longest time :-)

    Missnonaeleanor, I don't usually find white shirts, either -- I was shocked when I came across this one! Usually they are worn out, stained, or just plain ugly ;-) Oh, I bet your fabric is just lovely! Plaids are always so nice.

    Sarah, from what I've seen of your lovely work, I didn't think a few adjustments would scare you ;-) I so admire your lovely creations!

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!