Saturday, June 28, 2008

All Tied Up


Every time I receive a Victorian Trading Company catalog in the mail, I enjoy dreaming over all of the delightful objects it contains -- although I really haven't ordered much from it, and don't know that I ever shall! But I have often longed for the decorative and practical function of their Greeting Card Keeper.

So, on a whim, I decided to make one of my own. I covered cardboard with some scrap fabric from the stash, making little "pockets" for each piece.



It's the perfect size to hold the greeting cards I've accumulated over the years:



And a bit of cord around the edges helps to conceal the hot glue that I used to connect each section.



All tied up with a ribbon, and ready to relieve my writing desk from a card overflow!

12 comments:

  1. It's so cute! What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! If you can't buy it; make it! :D

    My name is Heather, by the way, and have been enjoying reading your blogs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mum has one of those boxes, and she finds it really useful! Such a good idea...and yours looks lovely!

    Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! This may be a silly question, but is it for cards "coming or going"? I love their catalog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!

    And welcome, Lady Heather! :) Thanks for introducing yourself!

    Tilly, it's not a silly question at all -- I use it for cards "going," but it would be great for cards "coming" as well! Hmm, maybe I need to make another one... ;)

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    That is such a good idea! It is a much prettier way to store your favorite cards than in a rubbermaid container. I am definitely going to have to make one of those for myself.

    You are so creative!

    Have a very bright, very cheerful day!
    Miss Eyebright

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful box! I like yours even better than the original. I might just have to do something like that for myself, and keep the idea in mind for gift-giving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll be making some as well...and would it make a neat bridal shower gift? Make one and fill it with a basic card selection...hmmm it's really a clever idea in general too...I might make several in different sizes to organize my sewing room! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Shannon!I too have those special cards that you don't want to part with, but there taking up room in a drawer, this is a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!