Thursday, October 09, 2008

Half-a-Dozen Bits of Randomness


(otherwise known as, "Six Random Things")

Having been kindly tagged by Elisabeth and my sister, Tiffany, I am now (almost) prepared to write six random things about myself!

Rules first: Write six random things. Tag some people. Tell the person who tagged you that you've completed your mission. Have fun. Or something like that -- I wasn't paying attention!


1. I am still searching for a job as a professional reader. Apparently, no one is willing to pay me to read books (the books I want to read) all day long. I still haven't figured out why...

2. I absolutely adore architecture, and I love many different styles. If I see a house that I like, I automatically "own" it. And I don't even have to pay rent! Let's just say I own almost every home in our city's historic district... Hey, ever wanted to know the person who owns the Biltmore Estate? Now you do. *grin*

3. I only use invisible zippers (hey, they said it was supposed to be random!). I seriously cannot get the hang of lapped zippers.

4. I'm a "complete" English lover. In other words, I love all of the aspects of studying English: literature, writing, and grammar.

5. My favorite kind of day is a cold, misty day -- especially with a fire, a cup of tea, and a good book. But I'll settle for the book as long as it's raining outside!

6. I'm a determined homebody (some might call it being a recluse, but I think that's exaggeration...). I'd rather be at home than anywhere else!


These things invariably end up being dominated by the "I" Monster! So forgive my apparent self-absorption *grin*

Now for tagging... I hope I don't double-tag anyone! And if I don't tag you, feel free to consider yourself tagged, anyway!

Sommer at "A View From the Mountain"
Natasha at "Growing in Grace and Knowledge"
Cheri at "A Joyful Handmaiden"
Keri at "Quaint and Quirky"
Kaitlyn Michelle at "I Stand Redeemed"


8 comments:

  1. hehe, I love #1 and #5! If you ever find that dream job, will you see if they want two employees? :-)

    I also love rainy days, a good rainstorm always puts me in the perfect writing mood.

    I don't believe I've ever commented on your blog before, but I've been reading it for a bit. You can visit my blog if you like, http://www.thisoldfashionedgirl.blogspot.com

    Have a Great Day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a funny list! I also love English! My brother, however, hates English; silly boy.

    I think my sister could be called a homebody; she has no desire to leave home to do anything...

    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, it's so nice to "meet" you ;-) I enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog! And I'll be sure to ask about a 2nd position if I ever find that job...

    Jerusha, I'm glad to know I'm not the only English lover :-)

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon - "Mission complete".

    I have had fun writing my random list and reading others that you have linked to. Your list was very humorous! :)

    Thank you for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite funny. Have you put in an application with various job-finding-companies? Or perhaps you will have to settle for writing reviews.

    Zippers are certainly not my expertise either. Partially because I've put in so few- I can think of three and one invisible in all my years of sewing. But I was looking for one just a few hours ago.

    And I definitely second you on being a homebody. It is nice to go places and do things, but I would so much rather be home.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Shannon - I'm exactly the same about being at home, I love being at home. Even better when the weather is as you describe it! You can't beat being at home in the warm on a misty autumn or winter day

    Rachel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I finally got blogger to cooperate with me and have posted my random things:-)

    Thanks for thinking of me:-)

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved #1,2 and 4. I know for a fact that my Mom would hire you as a personal reader. She always admired how Marianne on Sense and Sensibility
    (1995) read so well. Now, that I think about it though....I think I'll hire you myself! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!