Thursday, October 09, 2008
Half-a-Dozen Bits of Randomness
(otherwise known as, "Six Random Things")
Having been kindly tagged by Elisabeth and my sister, Tiffany, I am now (almost) prepared to write six random things about myself!
Rules first: Write six random things. Tag some people. Tell the person who tagged you that you've completed your mission. Have fun. Or something like that -- I wasn't paying attention!
1. I am still searching for a job as a professional reader. Apparently, no one is willing to pay me to read books (the books I want to read) all day long. I still haven't figured out why...
2. I absolutely adore architecture, and I love many different styles. If I see a house that I like, I automatically "own" it. And I don't even have to pay rent! Let's just say I own almost every home in our city's historic district... Hey, ever wanted to know the person who owns the Biltmore Estate? Now you do. *grin*
3. I only use invisible zippers (hey, they said it was supposed to be random!). I seriously cannot get the hang of lapped zippers.
4. I'm a "complete" English lover. In other words, I love all of the aspects of studying English: literature, writing, and grammar.
5. My favorite kind of day is a cold, misty day -- especially with a fire, a cup of tea, and a good book. But I'll settle for the book as long as it's raining outside!
6. I'm a determined homebody (some might call it being a recluse, but I think that's exaggeration...). I'd rather be at home than anywhere else!
These things invariably end up being dominated by the "I" Monster! So forgive my apparent self-absorption *grin*
Now for tagging... I hope I don't double-tag anyone! And if I don't tag you, feel free to consider yourself tagged, anyway!
Sommer at "A View From the Mountain"
Natasha at "Growing in Grace and Knowledge"
Cheri at "A Joyful Handmaiden"
Keri at "Quaint and Quirky"
Kaitlyn Michelle at "I Stand Redeemed"