Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Week in Feminine Dress -- Wednesday


This will (hopefully) be one of the last days that I work on these uniforms! Fortunately, the ladies are very happy with them so far, and I'm hoping that once they see them completely finished they'll be satisfied with them!

So, since these dresses are taking up so much of my time, I decided to get my photo for today while ironing one of them!



Today I'm wearing a black gingham stretchy blouse from Jonathan Martin, with my absolute favorite skirt of all time -- a black "stretchy" skirt by Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti. I decided to look up the brand the other day, and discovered that Alberta Ferretti is a designer whose clothing sells for over $400! I picked up my skirt at a charity shop several years ago for under $5...

You can't see the details in the picture, but there are two sets of pintucks in the front (and one in the back) that go from the waist to the hem -- four pintucks in each set. At the waist,the pintucks are "mock smocked." There's a narrow ruffle at the bottom, too! It's incredibly comfortable.

Tomorrow I have violin lessons, so I get to find something "teacherish" to wear!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! $400 Vs. $5?! Gotta love thift stores!

    ~Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought I loved yesterdays outfit, you show up in a black skirt. I love it! In my opinion one can never have too many black skirts. Smart, Practical and always ever dressy! Kudos! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny that you wear something "teacher-ish" when you are teaching! I wear whatever :) I try to look nice and fun. It's funny, my students think it's great that I wear boots, and when I occasionally wear a hat, when I am covering up my not fixed hair because I am running from work to teaching, they like it :) I don't know, I guess I want them to think that I am just and not just their teacher. I like to be on their level.... That's probably just me though. I'm a pretty casual upbeat person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, my version of "teacherish" is probably different than most people's! Mainly because I just don't own "teacherish" clothes -- I just pick out something I think will look nice :-)

    It sounds like you have a lot of fun teaching! Your students must love it!

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!