Monday, November 24, 2008

Delight for my Inner Bibliophile


Elizabeth at In My Own Little Corner tagged me for one of the most delightful memes I've yet come across!

Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages): Life With Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence, which is: "I bet you are."

4. Post the next three sentences:

"I hope you're a good egg-and-spoon racer, too."

"Harold's a bad boy. Harold squealed in church and isn't allowed to come to the treat."

5. Tag five people.


I can't possibly pick people to tag! It's too hard to choose, and I wouldn't like to leave anyone out. So if you like this meme, consider yourself tagged!



Oh, and just in case you were wondering -- that excerpt from Wodehouse is from the story, "The Purity of the Turf." I'm sure any Wodehouse fans out there figured that out from the mention of the egg-and-spoon race and Harold...

7 comments:

  1. Ah, Jeeves and Wooster! Isn't Wodehouse wonderful? And isn't the Jeeves & Wooster TV series simply delightful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the movies, but not read the books. Someday I'm gonna have to get a blog, so I can participate in all these cute tags! *grin*

    Hannah L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, that sounded familiar...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite Wodehouse story is "The Great Sermon Handicap".

    OK, here's my contribution: Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter.

    "You don't have to think about it consciously. In this piece, Bach was playing tricks, hoping to lead you astray. And in your case, Achilles, he succeeded."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon ~ I just wanted to thank you for putting up that tiered skirt tutorial...I just made one in a lovely floral and I'm madly in love with it. I can't wait to make one in flannel!! And I really appreciate that you gave the actual formula for the tiers, as many skirt tutorials only give measurements...which means if you don't fit those sizes it doesn't work! And as my body is "post babies", I believe I shall never see my 26" waist again. :-)
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Mackenzie (from S&S)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Jeeves and Wooster! How delightful!

    -Christine from Arizona

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!