Thursday, December 18, 2008

How Would You Like Your Precipitation?


Personally, I prefer mine frozen, falling from the sky in feathery flakes! While I love the thought of snow at this time of year, those of us who dwell too close to the equator must satisfy ourselves with the liquid version. And at this time of year, we have plenty of it.



Isn't it just wrong that our hibiscus is blooming right now? And not just blooming, but flourishing!



But then again, last week it was cold enough to snow. We don't live in Florida; we live in the state of meteoroligical indecision!

I hope everyone else out there is having a happy, healthy, and (preferably) white Christmas season!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said! We have Gardinias and Camillias blooming all over...and the weather has been so strange. Last week was exceptionally cold and then this week has been hot and humid. That's Florida for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have the rain and the hills got the snow earlier this week. But nothing compared to some of these places covered in snow. Of course we have bare trees and few flowers blooming too.

    None the less, at least we aren't stuck with no power and freezing conditions that make it too unsafe to drive around:-)

    I love that flower..how pretty in the midst of winter:-)

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the truth! Speaking of which, as I am sitting here at the shop writing you this, a strange murky fog is descending down through the streets from off the bay at this very moment. Both reminding me of London and a possible scene from a horror movie. --- And that's not Christmasy at all! :o(

    I guess I can't complain for my first Floridian Christmas! Hot and Muggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. georgia is just like that also. it snows on dec 1st and has been warm and rainy since then. i miss the snow!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!