Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tag, You're It!


Rachel was sweet enough to tag me for a meme! So here goes...


The Rules
1. Copy the questions and then answer them (post it on your blog remember).
2. Tag 4 people and let them know you have tagged them.
3. Let the person [who tagged you] know that you have done a post for the tag.

What are your nicknames?
Shan is the most common one, used mostly by my sister! My other nickname is "Mr. Girl," which my dad uses -- I started calling him "Mr. Man," and he returned the favor! *grin*

What TV game show or reality show would you like to be on?
Hmm... I really can't think of one! "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" would be fun, but I'm hopelessly lost on most of the entertainment and pop culture questions. And no reality TV, please!

What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
The first movie I bought was "Wives and Daughters," on DVD. We actually didn't have a DVD player yet, so I had to watch it on our computer until we got one!

What is your favourite scent?
Lavender. Hands down. Chemical fragrances tend to give me headaches, so I tend to stay away from those. Besides, lavender reminds me of England!

If you had one million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on?
I don't think I'd like spending a million dollars on myself, but if I had to -- a historic home (probably a Tudor bungalow!), a vintage (as in 30's) car, and a trip to England!

What is one place you've visited, can't forget and want to go back to?
England! I dare say a day doesn't go by when I don't think of it in some way or other. If I had to be specific, I would say Buckinghamshire or the Lake District.

Do you trust easily?
I suppose I do trust fairly easily, but I'm usually a bit wary of people I don't know well.

Do you generally think before your act, or act before you think?
Both! It depends on the situation. I wish I could say I always think before I act, but I can be rather impulsive.

Is there anything that had made you unhappy these days?
My inner grammarian wants to pick that sentence apart, but I'll refrain... I would say the shortcomings in my own life are my only current unhappiness!

What is your favorite fruit?
Pears!

What websites do you visit daily?
My e-mail, various blogs, and *usually* the Sensibility sewing forum.

What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

The sewing room! Oh, and puzzles.

What's the last song that got stuck in you head?
It's hard to say, since I'm listening to music right now! Probably the snippet from "Hello Dolly" that plays in "Wall-E."

What is your favourite thing to wear?
Skirts! I love the "swish" they make when I walk and how cozy they can be.

Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Actually, yes! I don't eat cereal, but I do like Rice Krispies!

What items couldn't you be without during the day?

My Bible, a book (or two...or three...), my sewing machine, and my family (I guess they're not "items," are they?!)

What should you be doing right now?
Working on a black corduroy jacket in the sewing room...

And speaking of which, I really ought to get back to it! I hereby tag everyone who reads this post (and wants to participate, of course!).

2 comments:

  1. Just so you are aware, I did not read this post and therefore I have not been tagged. ;) Just thought I would clarify that.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your answers! I work in Buckinghamshire, in High Wycombe - I'd never really been there before starting - I like it :-) The people are posh though, he he!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!