Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Idea for Jewelry Organization


I thought I'd share an idea that has finally solved my problem with jewelry organization. I'm not a fan of jewlery boxes, which take up space and look obnoxiously like... well, jewlery boxes! In order to keep clutter off my dresser, I decided to try using a little craft organizer in my top drawer. I simply snapped the lid off and stored it underneath the box, just in case I need it in the future.

Here's the result:



I've been using this method for about a year now, and I'm very satisfied with it. I can easily see my jewelry, and I'm ten times more likely to put it away if I have a specific place for it! I can assign each compartment with a purpose -- for instance, one compartment holds all of my pendants so that I can easily find the one I want and slip it on a chain. I try not to keep more than two chains in any compartment to reduce the risk of tangles. And those very full compartments on the right store things that I rarely wear, such as bracelets, pins, and brooches. They're still easy to access if I need them, but they don't take up a lot of space.

So if any of you need a new jewelry solution, you might want to give this a try! It's ridiculously inexpensive, and easy to personalize for your needs!

6 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful solution! I have two jewelry boxes but am forever untangling necklaces to get to the one I want for the day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to organize jewelry!
    Thanks for the great idea and tips.

    Blessings in Christ,
    Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do exactly the same thing with my earrings! My mother is an orthodontist and had a box that she used to keep all the tiny little components you need for braces in. It then got passed to me and is PERFECT earring organisation. Like yours it fits neatly into a top drawer.

    This must make it rather obvious that I have a lot of earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in case....
    If you do ever get a necklace horribly tangled, let me know.. I'm a "pro" at getting them loose! I do it ALL the time! After all, its one of my many jobs! *wink wink*

    Hope to see you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an great idea!
    By the way I tagged you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea! My dresser-top, and bathroom windowsill always seem to collect a pile of necklaces and bracelets (even though I don't wear that many!) I must try this. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!