Monday, February 09, 2009

Conferential



We spent this past weekend at a conference in Columbus, Georgia. I was so blessed to be able to meet a few fellow bloggers -- Jessica of Seasons of a Heart, Emily Rose at Simply Vintage Girl, and Breezy at A Bowl of Moss and Pebbles. You should take a look at their beautiful blogs! It was so delightful to see "familiar faces" where I expected to see only strangers!

I brought along a new skirt, made from -- well, if you've seen any of the skirts I've made in the recent past, you can guess which pattern it's made from! -- McCall's 5431. I lengthened it several inches and made it from a navy poly-blend that has a beautiful drape (left over from dress commissions I had for some teachers at a local Christian school). You just can't beat free!



The blouse was a Christmas gift from my mother; I had seen it in one of our favorite consignment stores, but couldn't bring myself to buy it since I didn't *need* it. Mom put me out of my misery!

The conference was challenging, thought-provoking, encouraging. It's made me reevaluate how I spend my time. It's made me reconsider my priorities. And that's a good thing! But even after two nights away, it's good to be home.

2 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you in person! The conference was such a delight, and it was neat to get to meet many other like-minded young ladies!

    Please tell your family "hi" for me. :)

    May God richly bless you!
    Emily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh so pretty, soft, feminine. the flow of the skirts was captured by the eye of the lens and leaves me picturing whimsical twirls all over the living room.

    thanks for posting the pics it makes me so proud to be a lady and to know that I am not alone in my daily idea of lady-likeness.

    melissa smith

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!