Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week in Feminine Dress -- Sunday


Hurrah! Week in Feminine Dress does indeed begin today! For those of you who may not have heard of it, here's a description from Ladies Against Feminism.

Today we had some missionaries come to our home for lunch after church, since this past weekend has been our church's annual missions conference. We had some other friends over, as well, and has such a lovely time!




I wore a favorite Eddie Bauer wool skirt, a teal top (a clearance find at a recent sale), and my black velvet jacket. I was afraid it would be too warm, but we had a bit of a cold snap this weekend from all the rain we've had -- perfect!

I'm looking forward to another WIFD! While I wear skirts daily, just wearing a skirt doesn't make my attitude feminine (although it does help me!). If I dress a certain way simply out of habit, my motives aren't correct. I always appreciate the mental check that WIFD gives. So until tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I love the look Shannon! Especially the wool skirt!

    I found a lovely wool skirt last year at the thrift store...but alas, I can't wear it this cold winter because I'm pregnant! But, I will definitely enjoy wearing it next fall/winter:-)

    Looking forward to seeing your WIFD choices for the week!

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful Shannon! I love your style, vintage and modern combined! =:) Thank you for the heads up about the WIFD [unfortunately, I will be at my grandmother's without a camera this week, so I won't get to do it. I might do it next week though anyway! =;) ].

    Blessings!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! I like your long wool skirt from Eddie Bauer... Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!