Monday, April 06, 2009

The Power of Marketing


During a casual browse at T.J. Maxx, I encountered a tubular canister containing Italian amaretto cookies. I knew immediatetly that I wanted it. But not because of the cookies; not because it of the amaretto; not even because it was Italian.

It was because of this:



Yes, it was the flower fairies that attracted me.



I would definitely classify myself as a fan of Cecily Mary Barker -- her depictions of flowers and their corresponding fairies are delightfully captivating! You can find her biography, her fairies, and current products at the Flower Fairies website.

My dear mother purchased it clandestinely (she's remarkably stealthy in these situations!). Fortunately, the cookies were very good! Ah, the power of marketing...

6 comments:

  1. I have done this before ~ found something not for what was inside, but the outside ~ I love tins and boxes.... It is a lovely tin!! Have a beautiful Spring day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! I would have fallen for that too! I love the little green hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cecily Mary Barker, too. The canister would have elicited the same reaction from me! And yummy cookies on top of it! How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love flower fairies - always have done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute! What are you going to store in it now that the cookies have been eaten? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon,

    The flowers and fairies are so lovely! TJ Maxx is one of those stores that you can find almost anything...I enjoy shopping there :)

    blessings,

    Lady M

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!