Wednesday, July 15, 2009

On How to Be Lovely


I thought I'd post one of my favorite little clips from the movie "Funny Face," starring Audrey Hepburn and (my-all-time-favorite-dancer/singer/actor-rolled-into-one) Fred Astaire. This clip features Audrey and Kay Thompson in a sweet little song, "On How to Be Lovely."

And check out Kay Thompson's heeled sandals -- I don't think I'd have the courage to walk in those, much less dance!



I like how it parallels Proverbs 15:13, "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance." While this song is talking (or singing!) about physical beauty and temporal happiness, for some reason it also reminds me of the joy that should characterize the life of a Christian -- the kind of joy that you just can't keep hidden. And that is truly lovely!

We're going out of town for a few days to pick up my absentee sister, so I'll be back early next week!

3 comments:

  1. How adorable!! :)
    What a precious clip!!!
    Funny Girl... is one of my favorites too! Hope you have a delightful time with your sister!

    Love in Christ~ Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post today! And that is such a great movie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Face is one of my favourite films! I really enjoyed this clip.

    I enjoy reading your blog, your tutorials are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!