Friday, November 27, 2009
An Austentatious Giveaway!
With the Christmas holiday coming up, I thought it was about time to host my first giveaway on my blog!
This may be the best Black Friday deal you can get -- after all, it's free! *wink*
So here's how it works:
I'm giving away a set of cards from my Austentations shop on Etsy. The winner gets to pick the set that they'd like! They'll also get 15% off a future purchase in the shop. Just leave a comment on this post to enter your name for the drawing!
If you'd like to have a second entry, you can try the Jane Austen quiz below and e-mail your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org (yes, it is "ymail"). If you get the questions correct, you'll get an extra entry!
The drawing will close on Friday, December 4th (one week from today).
Now on to the quiz!
~ Bonus Entry Quiz ~
(By the way, it's okay to "cheat" by looking up the answers! *wink*)
1. What are Jane Austen's birth and death years?
2. How many brothers did Jane Austen have?
3. What was the name of Jane's older sister?
4. What was the original title of Pride and Prejudice?
5. Which of Jane's novels is a satire on the Gothic novel?
6. Which city played an important role in Jane's life (it's also the place where her father died)?
7. In which town does Louisa Musgrove have her famous fall?
8. Mr. Darcy's estate of Pemberley is located in which county?
9. Which two novels were published posthumously?
10. In which town did Jane Austen die?
E-mail your answers to email@example.com
As I mentioned before, the winner will receive one set (six cards) of their choice from my Etsy shop, as well as 15% off anything in the store.
Thank you for entering!