Monday, December 07, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye -- and Hello


After much deliberation, research, and prayer, I finally decided it was time for a new camera. I'd love to explore the area of photography, even if it's just on an amateur level -- but my trusty little $88 Samsung point-and-shoot has its limits.



Limits like "forget-about-taking-a-picture-inside-unless-you-want-to-use-the-flash-and-make-everyone-look-awful." Or "sure-you-can-take-a-picture-of-that-but-it's-going-to-turn-out-really-really-blurry."

So I went the refurbished route through Adorama, and pieced together my own little "kit." I decided on the Canon T1i, which I fell in love with as soon as I picked it up in Best Buy. Plus, it has video capability! Ironically, I don't have a very impressive picture of it because it's not quite advanced enough to take pictures of itself! *wink*



One telephoto lens, two lens filters, one HDSC card, and one incredibly cute camera bag later, I ended up with a great deal and an incredible camera.

I must rave a bit about the bag -- I spotted it at Best Buy, moments after my sister and I were lamenting the lack of "stylish" camera bags for large DSLR cameras. It's made by SwissGear, and it's perfect! I could do with a few more pockets, but the interior has customizable dividers that are quite handy. And I just love that it looks like a handbag rather than a backpack.



Since I received the camera on Saturday, I've been taking pictures of anything...



...and everything!



I'm learning so much from the instructional booklet -- so much that it's almost frightening! I don't think I have as many features as my camera does!

So Merry Christmas to me. And Happy Birthday. And Merry Christmas... for about the next ten years!

3 comments:

  1. Shannon - how exciting! We just switched from a Sony camera to a Canon 50D and we love it! You will not regret it. I highly *highly* recommend taking a class on digital SLRs. The class I took was at JessicaSprague.com and is called "Oh Shoot." It isn't offered all the time, but probably late winter. (Not like you have anything ELSE to do in the near future! ;) )
    You will love a macro lens as well. I don't have one for my Canon yet, but I'm hoping one will show up under the tree. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice camera, Shannon!!
    I'm hoping to upgrade to a better one sometime, as my $100 Polaroid i836 definitely has its limits too. :)

    ~ Blessings,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You're going to absolutely love it...even more than you do now! Which I know, is hard to believe. I love my camera, and surprisingly enough, I have yet to drop it and it's about 20 months old! (Yay!) ;)

    Enjoy your new treasure!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!