Friday, January 29, 2010

"Anne Shirley Wedding Dress" Patterns


I recently purchased several copies of the "Anne Shirley Wedding Dress Pattern" from Sullivan Entertainment -- The pattern was on sale, but Canadian shipping costs ($13.82!) were quite shocking! So I decided to purchase several copies, save on shipping, and offer them for sale (since I couldn't find any available in the States).

And here they are!



This is the dress Anne Shirley wore at her wedding in "Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story" (is the dress the only good thing in that movie? I think it might be... *wink*)





I plan to list them on Etsy, but thought I'd offer them here (and on the Sensibility Forum) first. The pattern is multi-sized for sz. 8-16. They're $13 each, with $2 for S&H. If you're interested, please contact me through maidenoftheking@ymail.com!

Note: all of the patterns have been claimed now -- thank you for your interest!

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful pattern, Shannon!! And what a great idea for such expensive shipping. :) Oh, and I agree with you... the dress is pretty much the only good thing about that movie! I was so disappointed, because the first two were so good. Oh, well.

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I agree! The wedding was pretty nearly the only good thing! That movie is downright horrible. :(

    Enjoy your lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't even know they sold patterns. What a jolly good idea. Shame "The Continuing Story" was so dismal. I really don't understand why they couldn't use the actual story - it isn't like there was a shortage of material to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your sentiments about the 3rd movie, and agree that the most lovely part was probably Anne's wedding gown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m so happy someone else thinks that movie was horrible! The books were beautiful (Anne of Windy Poplars is soooo romantic!!!), how could they "destroy" their charm like that??? Yes, that dress, as well as the other dresses in the movie, were the only good thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Sullivan sold patterns! It's lovely.
    And I'm glad to see I'm not in the minority about the 3rd Anne movie. haha I didn't care for most of it, either.
    I love your blog, and all your "wedding posts". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if you still had Anne Shirley Wedding Dress" Patterns and how would I go about ordering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, they are long since sold! But they are still available on the original website, here: http://shopatsullivan.com/index.php/anne-shirley-s-wedding-dress-pattern.html -- maybe the shipping has gone down? :-)

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!