Thursday, July 22, 2010

Making More Cents


Well, life has been hurrying by -- hence the sporadic blog posts!

A commenter on my last post asked for any SwagBucks tips I might have, so I thought I'd share what I know -- though I warn you, I am far from expert! I'd also love to hear any tips from other Swagbucks users!

The nice thing about Swagbucks is that it's so simple -- you don't have to be on all the time to win. I suppose my primary tip would be to find a schedule that works for you. When I started, I spent quite a bit of time searching and looking for free codes. However, now I'm down to a comfortable two searches per day, plus the occasional code. I may not win huge amounts every day, but it adds up quickly and I'm not spending hours searching.



I'm also now a great believer in referrals! (Thank you, by the way, to those who used my referral link -- I greatly appreciate your kindness!) Since I don't Facebook, Twitter, etc., I found it awkward to refer friends. Even on my blog it felt a bit strange, since I like to keep it as free as possible from ads and such. But if you know of people would might be interested, or you have a Facebook/Twitter page, referrals can definitely help boost your points.



I also highly recommend downloading the Swagbucks toolbar -- it's a handy way to search, keep track of your points, receive occasional "messages" with free codes, and check up on their various social media sites (which often contain codes). I subscribe to the blog and try to keep an eye on it for any codes. The blog is rather quirky, and there's usually a "Friday Funny" -- which is always clean and typically features of video of kittens. Hmm. Also, once a day you get a free Swagbuck just for having the toolbar up!

I tried the "Swidget", but didn't like it -- apparently it has free codes sometimes, but I think you'd have to sit there all day and keep checking it to find one. Not very efficient. I much prefer the Toolbar!

The Daily Poll will get you a Swagbuck per day (and it takes about five seconds), and just visiting the Trusted Surveys page will do the same. I was able to do some of the surveys when they first came out, and it was a great way to earn -- but for some reason it now tells me that they don't have any available. But I'll take my free Swagbuck for the visit!



I suppose my last tip has to do with actual searching -- I much prefer the Google search engine to the Swagbucks engine, especially for images. But Swagbucks is great for looking up stores, websites that you already know (I usually get to my blog by searching with my Swagbucks toolbar!). Regardless of what you search for, I've found it most effective to actually visit the site of whatever-it-is you're searching for. I find that just putting terms in the search engine but never clicking on websites is not very effective -- it does work sometimes, but in my opinion it's less reliable. I typically (1) search, (2) click, (3) stay on the website for a while, and (4) use my browser's "back" button to get back to my original search on Swagbucks -- I can't tell you how many times I've won Swagbucks by hitting the back button! If I don't win, I search for something else and try again. Usually I'll get points within a few searches. If it's being tricky, I'll often search for something, leave the page up while I do something else, and then come back to it later and try the back button trick.


Anyway, those are my few tips for Swagbucks! I've found it to be a very handy system, and I hope you find it to be the same!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I signed up via your referral link. :) The website is, at times, ornery, but otherwise it's really useful! :)

    Blessings,
    Luci

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!