Friday, September 24, 2010

On the Menu


Considering that chicken pot pie is one of Pablo's favorite meals, it really is inexcusable that it's taken me approximately eight months to make him one! I think it's due to my inordinate terror of pie crusts -- but the more I practice, the easier they become, so I think it's time to get over that particular fear. This one came out golden-brown and bubbly, courtesy of my favorite Betty Crocker cookbook.



Served with a fresh salad...



...and finished with a slice of ridiuclously rich chocolate cake. Topped with Oreos, because there just wasn't enough chocolate, you know?



7 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sounds delicious! I haven't made a chicken pot pie in a while -- I should plan one soon. That's a great fall or winter dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, Shannon, that meal sounds too good to be true!! May we have the chocolate cake recipe? Pleeeeeease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! You're making me hungry, Shannon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!!! chicken pot-pie is a fav. in my household. but since I cannot under any circumstances make a decent pie crust, I use the pre-made ones....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can never have too much of two things: books and chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm. Shannon all of that sounds mucho delish! We have a "Never Fail" pie crust that always comes out great! You should get the recipe.
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks wonderful!! It is such a blessing to see your heart for serving your husband and to be a keeper at home.
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Hope

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!