Friday, December 03, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Fall


I know that Winter doesn't technically start until the 21st, but for me the beginning of December signals the coming of both Winter and the Christmas season. And with so much to look forward to in the near future, I'm excited to welcome one of my favorite seasons!



Still, I can't help feeling a twinge of regret as Autumn fades away. It's such a lovely time of year, a time of reflection and peacefulness.



This was also the first year that I had tried my hand at pumpkin carving (Pablo is a veteran, having done it at least once before...)






The beauty of Autumn never ceases to amaze and captivate me.




Spring is an outpouring of life, when all of nature is a colorful riot of new growth. But Fall -- Fall has a quieter, gentler type of abundance.




As the leaves continue to fall and the temperatures cool (however temporarily -- our area is rather fickle in that regard), I am so grateful that the Lord blessed us with such a wonderful, memorable season -- a beautiful calm before we embark upon our second year together and undertake the rigors of a new season of life as parents.




4 comments:

  1. Shannon,

    I share your sentiments exactly! I will miss the gorgeous fall weather, and quite honestly, after Christmas, there is not much to look forward to in the Winter season (besides skiing). I'm a Summer girl, tried and true :)

    Love your blog!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon,
    Beautiful post! Here in upstate New york winter has com and we have snow to prove it. : )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon,

    I met your wonderful mother when she visited our church in Dunedin, New Zealand, and we got talking. She suggested your blog, which I enjoy reading! God bless you!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura & Sarah, thank you for your kind words! I do wish we had snow down here, though I know it's troublesome as well as beautiful -- and I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to try skiing! ;-)

    Esther, it's a pleasure to "meet" you, and I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! Perhaps one day we'll be able to meet in person :-)

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!