Saturday, December 25, 2010

Under the Tree

When it came to Christmas gifts this year, the winner of the "best gift under the tree" category was a given.





Yes, our little man blew the competition right out of the water -- in our (rather biased) eyes, at least!





We've loved having a live tree this year -- a tradition I hope we can repeat every year. The scent of fir gives me warm fuzzies every time I walk by! And while it's been a sad year so far to be a Gator, we still hung up our ornament in a place of honor.





As we enjoy our first Christmas as a family, the story of the Incarnation is brought home to me in a new way. The sacrifice of a firstborn son has new meaning to me now, especially as I look at our little man's precious, sleepy face. What love the Father had for us that He would give up His Son!





So from our family to yours, we pray you have a very Merry Christmas -- and that the love of God will bless you abundantly!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The People that walked in darkness have seen a great light:
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
upon them hath the light shined.


For unto us a child is born,
unto us a Son is given:
and the government shall be upon His shoulder:
and His name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.


Of the increase of His government
and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David,
and upon His kingdom, to order it,
and to establish it with judgment and with justice
from henceforth even for ever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.


~ Isaiah 9:2,6-7 ~


9 comments:

  1. Your little man is quite adorable under the tree in his red hat! what a blessing! Praise God and may you all continue to have a great christmas focused on Him. I am always encouraged by your blog Shannon.

    In Christ,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A very Merry Christmas indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he's the best Christmas present, under our tree or not, this year! Thank you for such a beautiful...er, I mean handsome.....gift!

    Aunt Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a handsome little fella! Merry Christmas Shannon!

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is definitely precious! I may be a wee bit prejudicial, but I give all of the glory to our Lord who created him~Psalm 139:13-18. I too am in love with this little one!

    Grandmumsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a wonderful blessing you'll have received! Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos! Wishing your family a most joyful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little man is beautiful Shannon!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    I hope you have a very blessed New Year!
    In Him,
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Newborns at Christmas are so sweet. (though later the birthdays and whirlwind cause me to be lost every December!)

    Blessings to and your family as you experience so many wonderful firsts next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the picture of your little one under the tree is one of the sweetest baby pictures I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!