Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ennumerating Providential Provisions


Otherwise known as Counting Your Blessings.

However you refer to it, it's something I don't do nearly enough. During recent explorations in the blog world, I've come across Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts dare several times. And when a former neighbor gave me a lovely journal for Christmas this year, I knew exactly what I'd use it for.



Perfect, no?

I don't know exactly what the details of the dare are, but my version consists of writing down blessings. I aim for at least three a day (some days end up with more!), and I date my entries. That way I'll have a sort of journal of the little everyday blessings that God gives so abundantly. The more I do this, the more blessings I see!



It's hard to be discontent when you're grateful, and I can't help but be grateful when counting my blessings. So maybe I just need to write in my journal all day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Shannon, it is perfect! What a wonderful idea and how beautifully executed.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day can be a wonderful day when you are counting your blessings. It is such a blessing to me to come here and read your blog!
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful idea. I so agree with what you said it's hard to be discontent when your grateful. Enjoying your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!