Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Clip It


A regular barrette is about the only way I can hope to pull my hair back successfully, but it can be difficult to find barrettes that match both my style and my budget. They're generally either too glitzy or too expensive. I had three good barrettes, all of which have bitten the dust within the past few months.

And actually, I'm glad they did.




With acres of thrifted leather at my disposal, I found a small scrap that suited my needs. I kept all of my barrette frames, so that was free to me. The button was a loner in my (newly re-organized) button box. The whole shebang was assembled with a scrap of thread and a glue gun. Other than sewing the button on a leetle crooked, this turned out to be a swift and remarkably satisfying project. 





The only question now is whether I should try vintage buttons or fabric flowers next? Maybe I'll just do both... 


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I would say do both vintage buttons and flowers, then post more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!