Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Simple Pleasures, Simple Joys

I'm relishing simple things.


The beauty of the changing season.


 Fall is the perfect time for impromptu scavenger hunts -- "Can you find a red leaf? Can you find a green acorn?" Stashing acorns in a jar kept the munchkins surprisingly busy while I sat on a blanket with my knitting.


The joy of watching our backyard "visitors" grow up.


This was a solo visit -- I have no idea where its mother was, but they showed up
together a few days later!


The delight of watching my own littles changing and maturing.


How did she get so big? She talks incessantly now.

Sweet and simple.

4 comments:

  1. These truly are such wonderful moments. Juanito and I love walking to the park and throwing pinecones in for water... It really is the simple things that bring such joy to the littles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah,

      I love how children can be amused so easily (not all the time, granted ;-). Wonderful moments, indeed!

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. I love that picture of your little girl! The hat and curls are adorable. I can't wait until my now 5-month-old is that big so she can talk to me. But then again, I love the huggable, smiley baby she is right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Cote! My hair is only slightly wavy, so I'm definitely enjoying the curls. :-) It's hard to pick a favorite stage -- I love the "simplicity" of the baby days, but there is so much joy in discovering a child's personality when they learn to talk, too. :-)

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!