Thursday, January 30, 2020

Handmade Christmas, 2019

I thought I should probably post these before January ended! While we didn't do much in the handmade department for Christmas this year, I did continue our tradition of new pajamas on Christmas Eve.

All of the patterns I used were free -- I so appreciate how many crafters have posted free patterns to the Interwebs, and many are multi-sized!

First up, the boys. I bought a yard of Dear Stella Supernova knit, thinking I could cut all of the shirt fronts and backs out of that. Well, I was a bit short! But by adding a yoke detail to the back in the same indigo rayon jersey that I'd bought for the sleeves/pants/neck trim, I was able to make it work. 





These went together assembly style, so it was really a pretty quick process! Ironically, both patterns I used are intended for girls... The shirts are made from the Girl's t-shirt pattern from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom, and I don't recall making any changes. For the pants, I used the Made by Mermaids Bonny Leggings pattern. I did add some room to the leg/seat area, so that they wouldn't be quite as snug as leggings! It worked perfectly, and the stretchy rayon is quite comfy (so I hear).







 After finishing up the boys' pajamas far ahead of schedule in late November, I procrastinated with Rosa's and only finished a few days before Christmas! For her nightgown, I used Birch Organics Tree Stripes in "Sun," which I had in my stash (I'd mistakenly purchased it thinking it was a knit!). I was glad I could use something from the stash, not only to clear it out a bit, but also because I didn't need to spend more on fabric.




I used another pattern from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom, the Peasant Dress pattern. It went together super quickly (obviously I couldn't be bothered to iron it, though!), and Rosa was thrilled. I didn't make leggings this time, since she already has plenty in her pajama collection.




It's been a whirlwind of a month, between celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary, visiting with family, and then dealing with various health issues over the past week and a half. But I'm finally on the mend, and I have a new project in the works (still in the taping/cutting out pattern stage) -- oh, I finished my Jasper sweatshirt dress, but haven't had a chance to wear it yet because I've not been feeling well! Hopefully I can give it a whirl and post some details soon.

Hope you're having a lovely New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!