Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Little Gifts

With a new niece on the way, I recently had the excuse to make some tiny "welcome to the world" gifts! Everything is sweeter in miniature, isn't it?




First up was a leaf lace pixie hat, knit in deliciously soft mauve Coboo -- it's a blend of bamboo and cotton, so it's also easy to launder and will hopefully be cool enough for slightly warmer weather. I honestly can't even remember whether I made the newborn or 3-6 mths size! But the lace pattern was a treat to knit, and I finished it off with a vintage button.




Next were a pair of leather Mary Janes from the Podsshoes pattern -- I did manage to use my machine for these, but it wasn't exactly smooth sailing! Sewing with tissue paper helped immensely, but I do wish I could figure out why my machine skips so many stitches on leather. Oh well, they were finished in the end! I used bronze-colored KAM snaps as the closure because they're so simple and sturdy. Again, I can't remember what size I made but they should fit a beginning walker. 





And last, a little teether made with pink, wine, and marble silicone beads -- these are such fun to make! 





I managed to get everything sent off before this sweet baby's arrival, and now I have just have to figure out how I can get there to see her, too!


2 comments:

  1. Those little Mary Janes are squeal-worthy! All of that tiny stitching and ruffling takes skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely a labor of love! ;-)

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!