Monday, August 03, 2020

Something for Samantha

What to do with two skeins of yarn leftover from Rosa's Magnolia Mini sweater? Make a sweater for Rosa's Samantha doll, of course! I scanned my Ravelry favorites and settled on Dolly Spring Butterfly by Rachel Evans.




I made this simple pattern even simpler by omitting all of the back details. I decided I wasn't keen on the butterfly motif, so I pretty much winged it once I made it past the armholes. Of course, I managed to forget to slip the first stitch of every row more than once, which resulted in more frogging than such a small project justified! 




I do love the picot edging on the hem:








And here's Samantha herself to model it:





Rosa's joy over a new doll sweater has certainly motivated me to turn more of my yarn scraps into tiny garments for her dolls -- less yarn in the stash, quick projects for me, and lots of delight for her!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!