Sunday, October 07, 2007

"You're the Cream in my Coffee" Dress


The glamor of the 1930's is one of my favorite fashion time periods. Consequently, I took the opportunity of purchasing Vintage Vogue #2671 from 1933 a few years ago. When I found an adorable button at JoAnn's, I immediately headed for the cotton calicos and found a matching color and desgin.



The vintage buckle came from my grandmother's sewing stash:




For some reason the song "You're the Cream in My Coffee" kept running through my mind as I worked on the dress, so that is what I have officially dubbed this dress. If you want to hear the song for yourself, go to This Website and scroll down to the bottom (the songs are in alphabetical order).

2 comments:

  1. OOOOO, I saw this on the S&S board a while ago, but I forgot that it was you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!