Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bygone Days of Glamor



If there is one thing I love, it is a vintage car! From the earliest Model T's to the sleek rocket lines of the 50's, antique cars were not just a means of transportation -- they were works of art. Perhaps seventy years from now my great-grandchildren will be raving over the Mazda Miata or the Toyota Corolla, but somehow I doubt it. For one thing, none of the cars on the road today are likely to even exist seventy years from now!

Our tiny little town had a vintage car show this summer. There were several nice antique vehicles on display, including a lovely burgundy Buick from the 30's. Just one look at the grille of this vehicle says it all: detail, beauty, and glamor all rolled into one sleek shell of metal, glass, and chrome.



I'm finding that my grandmother was right, after all. They just don't make things like they used to!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! How fun! Please tell me you wore a retro dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had! :( but it was a spur-of-the-moment thing -- we were passing by on our way home and decided to stop. But if they ever have another show, I promise to wear a retro dress! ;)

    Yours in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!