As I've been trying to reconstruct my post-baby nursing-friendly wardrobe, I've discovered that I'm in desperate need of some new skirts. And since I've been blessed to find several good black shirts recently, I decided it was time to make something to go with them.
So I dove into my stash and came up with two rayon (I think) fabrics. I bought these about seven years ago off the Walmart $1-per-yard rack. I made a dress out of each fabric, and had a little over a yard left over. The dresses are long gone, but the fabric was patiently waiting for me.
So out with OOP Butterick 3262, and a bit of cutting and sewing later, I'm all set.
Light, flowy, and ruffled.
I love how simple this pattern is, and I also love the results.