Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Talk About a Bad Day...


When I think I'm having a rough day, I just think about this little guy. As a squirrel, losing your tail just has to be the ultimate in bad days.




He still does the little angry-squirrel-tail-twitching thing, which reminds me of the way dogs with no tails wag their rumps when they're excited. But the squirrel is more ridiculous, and consequently more amusing.

I could write a whole spiel about how this little squirrel teaches us the importance of pressing on, even when tough times get you down. But you know, I don't think he's even noticed that he doesn't have a tail. So I'll spare you the inspirational pep talk, and wish you a blessed Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Aaah, so Squirrel Nutkin is still about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sommer, very true! :-) I can't believe I totally missed that connection -- apparently I need to brush up on my Beatrix Potter!

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, it helps to have littles that love those books and that keep you reading :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!