Saturday, August 03, 2013

Ruffles in Gauze

A remnant of pink gauze from my stash came in quite handy a few months back when Rosa needed a new skirt. It's turned out to be a staple in her wardrobe, in all its ruffly sweetness.




It was quite an improvised project -- a slightly A-line skirt shape, with three layers of ruffles stitched on and a casing waistband topping it off. Happily, it still fits her; it'll be a sad day when she finally outgrows it!

I've had my fair share of project failures, so it's lovely when a garment turns out the way I imagined it. If it turns out to be practical, so much the better! And now, of course, I have even more justification for that fabric stash...


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little girly skirt! You have such a gift for creating. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!