Friday, January 09, 2015

A Maple Crinkle Teether for Baby Boy

This particular project has long been on my radar -- so long, in fact, that I purchased two maple rings when I made our set of wooden peg people. And now it's done!





The 3" wood ring is from Casey's Wood, and was only $2.75 for Maine maple (the regular imported wood rings are $1, but I was willing to pay a little extra for the maple).

The fabric is from JoAnn's; what is it with me and woodland creatures? I actually bought it for a quilt, as I'm planning to re-do my activity gym. I used a layer of cereal bag in the center to add a bit of crinkle -- I love using something that would otherwise be thrown away! 




I looked at several tutorials and designs to come up with the shape -- actually, my first attempt was a bit of a failure, as it ended up being shorter than I wanted! The second time around, I lengthened the fabric strip to 15" and countoured the center to reduce bulk.


Buntings on one side, and foresty greenery on the other!

I like the idea of a removable strip (easy to wash!) and also real wood as a teether -- I'm just not a fan of plastic teethers, though that's all I've used in the past. Hopefully our little guy will agree, though at less than $3, I won't be devastated if this investment doesn't pan out!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, I was quite excited when I first saw these! It's fun to finally have one. :-)

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. Love this! It is going on my to do list! I also really loved the peg people project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a satisfying project -- I admit I'm drawn to projects that require minimal effort for a great result. Hopefully that's not a character flaw on my part... ;-)

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!