More and more, I find myself gravitating toward "simple." Simple routines, simple systems, less in general. But sometimes, simple is just a palette begging for more!
Especially when you've had a sweet little appliqued teacup-and-bird top on your pinboard for ages. Lately, I've become dissatisfied with how much "pinning" I do, and how little "executing!" I have so many marvelous ideas ready and waiting, but it seems that I never really get around to making them.
So here's my effort to change that!
I used a clearance tee from Target that was only $2.10 (yes, I bought three in different colors!), and added my own applique using stash scraps. I used Wonder-Under to apply them, and Fuse-n-Tear on the back to provide stability. This was strongly Boden inspired, though the actual top that I copied was from Carters (which I suspect was also strongly Boden inspired!).
Overall, it was relatively simple -- though applique is not something I'm very experienced at, and you can see that bottom teacup handle is a little wonky thanks to my less-than-adequate Fuse-n-Tear application! That lack of experience also made it take far longer and require more seam-ripper-usage than it should have... But now I've learned something for next time, and Rosa will have a sweet little top for the summer.
One "pin" down, several hundred to go! *wink*