Monday, June 19, 2017

On the Wild Side

Sometimes I wonder why we bother going to the zoo, since life with three Littles is often wild enough! But I am trying to squeeze in a few more outings before the baby comes -- and it doesn't hurt to use that zoo pass as much as possible this year... 

I was pleased to see this fine fellow sporting his grandest plumage: 




There's nothing "personal" about hygiene in the primate world, is there? 




Some of the sweetest zoo inhabitants were not exactly exotic -- or even part of the exhibits! 




This pair is usually rather lethargic when we visit, so it was delightful to see them out and about. Look at those shoulders!




We're getting a bit more out of our zoo visits these days -- this past trip, the older two took turns consulting the "diet" section of the exhibit signs to determine whether the inhabitants were herbivores, carnivores, or omnivores. Sometimes the best classrooms have no roofs!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos. Yes, sometimes the best lessons are learned while outdoors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danice,

      Thanks! I'm grateful we have these opportunities -- I love showing the Littles that learning is something we do any time, anywhere!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. Raising 3 little boys I have often felt like I was running a zoo.😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antonia,

      Hey, I guess most people don't get to say they go to the zoo every day, right? :-)

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!