Monday, January 28, 2008

Fragile Winter Beauty


For the past six or seven weeks I have been meaning to bring my camera to church -- there is one tree in the courtyard that started flowering as soon as the weather turned chilly. It was covered in delicate, snowy blossoms tinged with pink, a spectacular display of beauty in a season traditionally brown (for those of us who live in regions barren of snow). Each week I would forget, and then assume that the flowers would be gone the next week. But each time I returned, the tree was still in flower. Yesterday I finally remembered my camera and, to my delight, the tree still retained many of its blossoms.









I hope its winter-time beauty blesses you as much as it blessed me!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tree! Thanks for sharing it. Flowers don't grow this time of year in Minnesota.

    Maria Pauline

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!