A rare sale popped up while I was hemming and hawing over the price of that fabric -- and a coupon code, to boot -- so I took advantage of that to buy some of the same fabric in knit. I have plans to make several coordinating accessories, including a new Baby K'tan (I love the one I made for Rosa, but was wanting a change from boring brown knit), a carseat canopy/nursing cover/blanket (still mulling over my options for that), and a pair of little baby pants and a hat. And a stroller organizer? Maybe, perhaps?
But first was the stroller canopy:
|Would you look at the size of that canopy?! It really keeps the sun out , but it can be retracted for a better view.|
I absolutely love how it turned out! I traced the canopy pieces and did a trial run in some old decorator weight fabric, but in the end decided that I really just needed to disassemble the original canopy and use the pieces as a pattern. The results were much better.
I love the way it buttons on to the stroller in the back:
I ended up lining the canopy with grey linen -- the original canopy had serged seams inside, but I decided I wanted the extra weight and the nicer finish of a full lining. It made a few things more complicated, but was well worth it.
|You can catch of glimpse of Rosa in her "stroller coma." As soon as you strap her into|
a stroller, she totally zones out.
I couldn't resist attaching the original canopy tag:
I'm so thrilled -- and relieved -- that this worked, and can't wait to use the stroller for our newest addition in a few months, Lord willing (though Rosa has become quite attached to the "twoller," so I'm not sure how she'll feel about being supplanted!).
|Stopping for a little chat on our walk|
Now to get busy using up the rest of my fabric!