Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fleeting

Spring in a less tropical climate has given me a fresh perspective on beauty. While we have our share of beautiful flowers in Florida, I find myself perpetually amazed at the transformation I see around me here in Virginia. (By the way, "here in Virginia" still seems a bit surreal after living in Florida for 15 years!) When we first arrived, it still seemed like winter. Now, there is a profusion of beauty in every direction!

Fleeting beauty. Already, the camellias I pilfered from the bush by our house are almost gone, their petals carpeting the ground below. 





The trees that were just budding a few weeks ago are now covered in fresh, green leaves. Some are laden with so many blossoms that I wonder how the branches can support their weight! 

There are so many trees here -- I didn't even realize how many until the leaves began to unfurl. The beauty of the sunlight filtering through the leaves still takes my breath away. There really is no word to describe that exact shade of sun-kissed green! 




I'm soaking up each facet of this glorious season, since we'll soon be moving to a place with even less seasonal change than the Sunshine State!




But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; 
the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; 
or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; 
and the fish of the sea will declare to you. 
Who among all these does not know that 
the hand of the Lord has done this? 
In his hand is the life of every living thing 
and the breath of all mankind.

Job 12:7-10

2 comments:

  1. Virginia sounds beautiful; I'd love to go there some day :) I don't know if you remember, but I live in Florida. Actually, it's kind of weird because we're having a really cool spring. It wasn't like this at all last year, but it was 72 degrees yesterday with a cool breeze blowing almost all day (this is in Jacksonville, though, so it's probably a lot warmer farther south in FL).
    I dislike hot weather, so this is like a dream come true for me :D I want summer to be delayed as long as possible, and to be over as soon as possible, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura Elizabeth,

      I hope you do get the chance to visit VA one day! It really is lovely (and we're not even in the "loveliest" part).

      My parents still live in FL, and they were mentioning the nice weather, too! I'm so glad y'all are getting some real Spring weather! I hope for your sake that it lasts a while longer. :-)

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!