Monday, March 07, 2016

Potential

We've had all the ingredients for Spring -- rain, sun, warmth. It's coming! In a few short weeks, the trees will be covered in new foliage, the flowers will be in bloom, the days will grow warmer. For now, we wait. 




I'm thrilled to see that some of the daffodils I planted with the kids in the fall are starting to come up -- only 11, so far. I know that because Little Man has scouted out each and every one! I estimate we planted about thirty to forty, so I'm hoping that more will come up soon and that we didn't plant them too late, too deep, too something. I've never had much of a green thumb, so I have my doubts. 

But there are signs of life.





There's potential.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    We haven't had much of a winter. It gets pretty cold at night (sometimes), but by the middle of the day it's warmed up so much that long sleeves are uncomfortable. We have azaleas blooming like crazy, so that's the bright side of this crazy weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura Elizabeth,

      Our winter has seemed pretty mild, too! I know last winter was a beast here in VA; when we arrived in mid-March we still had a few weeks before we started to see blooms. This year I'm already seeing daffodils in abundance!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. Don't blame yourself if some of your daffodils don't come up. I have a problem with rascally squirrels digging mine up. Good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,

      Thank you for the encouragement! We do have a ton of squirrels, but they seem to hang out in the back yard -- they'd better not mess with my daffodils! ;-) I've noticed some more stems popping up, so here's hoping they get a little taller and start blooming...

      Thanks for your kind words!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!