Sunday, August 21, 2016

Emergent

We discovered it still clinging to its larval husk, soft verdant wings fluttering in the breeze. It took a few tentative steps, while a chorus of cicadas droned in the background (they rarely let up). 




I'll admit, cicadas do not really make it on to my "bugs that don't gross me out" list -- which is limited to ladybirds, fireflies, roly-polies, sugar ants, and butterflies -- but what a chance to marvel at the result of an amazing metamorphosis! I even had a bit of a workout from lifting up my ever-heavier children to see it...

How great are your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep!     Psalm 92:5

2 comments:

  1. This isn't related to this particular post, but I was wondering if you'd care to write a post about finding time for hobbies like sewing and knitting when you're a full-time mama of littles! I have an almost-two-year-old, but as we pray for more children, I've been thinking about how to continue with those sorts of things as the seasons change...because a three-hour naptime every afternoon won't always be a reality when there are more than one! ;-) Maybe you could tell us how making time for domestic and crafty pursuits has changed for you through the seasons of motherhood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,

      I'd be happy to write on finding time for hobbies with littles! In fact, I've been feeling uninspired lately, so that's the perfect idea to kickstart my creative juices. It is definitely a challenge to balance everything (and I'm not particularly good at doing so!), so it's a great topic to explore!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!