Thursday, August 11, 2016

Most Opportune

Some home improvements have been simmering on the back burner for a while, and we're ready to move them to the front burner. One of those is some seating for our master bedroom -- it would be so very nice to have a little place to get away once in a while. For some reason, the sight of me sitting in the living room curled up with a book and a mug of something steamy does not register with my children as a "do not disturb" situation...

Anyway, for quite a while my chair-of-choice has been the IKEA Jennylund. But at $250, I wasn't thrilled about the price. Not that $250 is expensive for an armchair -- on the contrary, IKEA is probably one of the cheapest options in that regard. But we paid $80 for our couch at a yard sale, so we're not exactly used to dropping hundreds of dollars on upholstered furniture! 

I decided to take a look at Craigslist to see if there was anything available. Odds were slim, I figured, but it couldn't hurt to take a look. Eight hours and seventy-five dollars later, I had my very own Jennylund. I'll be getting a new slipcover on our next trip to IKEA, but I don't mind spending a bit on a new cover when I've saved so much on the chair. The red slipcover is actually very pretty, I think, but it doesn't really match the rest of our room.






I've had a "hack" for this chair in mind for a while, which I'm looking forward to trying! I'll be sharing it here if it's successful...

Also, this came in the mail recently -- twelve skeins of wool tweed, destined for matching sweaters for my little men. I've got a sweater for moi on my needles, which I should probably finish up before I dip into this... just a few months until the cold weather comes, though!








2 comments:

  1. What a lovely chair! I'll have to check my local Craigslist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! :-) I was so shocked to find exactly what I was looking for (and posted just a day previously, too). Happy hunting!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!