Thursday, May 11, 2017

Something for the Little Guy

The very day I took my White Pine Cardigan off my knitting needles, I cast on a Blue Blanket for our July(ish) arrival! Let's just say my eagerness to start and determination to finish that cardigan first helped push me along through the last few White Pine rows. 


The hedgehog swaddle is one of my little baby splurges -- I love the cotton muslin
blanket I got for Laddie, so when an Amazon warehouse deal popped up on this one,
I couldn't resist! Though how many blankets does a summer baby really need? *wink*

I've actually gone quite a bit past this now, since (for once) I'm knitting faster than I'm photographing and posting about it. I cast on 181 stitches instead of the called-for 133, because what's up with a 22 x 29" baby blanket? So glad I checked the dimensions before I made it! I'm using seven skeins of Knit Picks Galileo in Luster, which was on sale around St. Patrick's day (green!). Though really, the blanket reads more grey than green. The merino/bamboo blend is absolutely lovely, though a bit slippery to work with.

This blanket is such an easy project, though time consuming! At about half-way through, I'd estimate I've put in about 23,000 stitches. Just another 23,000 to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!