Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Master Charles for the Little Masters

Much to my delight, I was able to keep up my momentum after finishing the Master Charles sweater in size 4, and immediately set to work on the smaller size 2. The prospect of my two littlest boys in matching sweaters kept me at it, and they were both done in time for the church service right before Christmas. 




Of course, it was not until we were at church that I realized my mistake -- I sewed the sleeves for the smaller sweater "right side out!" I'm so used to seeing the "right" side of the knitting, that I sewed them in that way. You can kind-of-sort-of tell in the photo above. Fortunately, it was a simple matter of taking them out and sewing them back in; I was a bit worried that this would be tricky post-blocking, but it was a breeze. Maybe that means I'm not very good at sewing in knitted sleeves? *wink*




Overall this was a great project, though there were times when I really didn't enjoy the pattern. Being primarily a seamstress, I was sure I'd prefer set-in sleeves, but I think I'm comfortable enough with knitting to just prefer the raglan kind. I kind of doubt I'll make this sweater again, though I'm pleased with the result. And I do really love the basketweave cable! I'll probably use that again in future. I'm a huge fan of the tweedy yarn (KnitPicks Wool of the Andes tweed in Reindeer Heather), and I had more left than I anticipated -- so it's being used for other projects!




Up next, a few knitted Christmas gifts!


Raveled here and here.

2 comments:

  1. What cute sweaters. The boys must love them. That wool color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danice! I love the wool color, too, and it's quite soft and cozy.

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!