Friday, April 17, 2020

Heather and Thistle: A Sweater for Little Man

Little Man's Thistle sweater came off the needles a few weeks ago, and goodness, how I love that "just finished a big(ish) project" endorphin rush! 





I used Brava Sport in "Camel Heather" (hence the name of this post) -- I find that I gravitate to heathered yarns when shopping for solids, because I love the extra dimension they add to the color. 

I've grumbled about my decision to use acrylic yarn enough, I think, so I won't belabor it here. Suffice it to say that in the end I'd rather pay the extra financial cost for wool than deal with the environmental cost of synthetic fibers. And I really do just like wool better! But this sweater cost just over $4 in yarn, and I'm not complaining about that...  




As far as the pattern goes, I liked it well enough. There were some details I really liked, and even just a few weeks out I've forgotten most of the gripes I had.  I had to re-knit the first sleeve cap several times before I discovered the twin stitch for short rows, but in the end it all worked out and I don't think short rows will be such a headache in future.




I had the perfect buttons for this sweater -- the same ones I used on my "Winter Hinterland" a few weeks ago (told you I had a lot!). I do really like the overlap/button detail at the hem. Just a little something extra.




I must say that I'm pleased with the result. This should be a very functional sweater, that can hopefully be passed down to younger brothers when my oldest son outgrows it. But first we have to wait for cooler weather...



Raveled here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!