Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Catching Up: December

In early December we finally ticked off one of my "Out West bucket list" items: Lake Tahoe. We spent a few days in a cabin playing games, enjoying the lake views, and spending much-needed time together as a family after a busy season of work for my husband. We also managed to get our family Christmas pictures at Emerald Bay State Park, and we couldn't have asked for a lovelier setting.






I'd love to visit Fannette Island, home to the ruins of a 1920's tea house:




I can't resist a good tree hug...




These two... Rosa has always been Scout's second mother, and I love to see them together.










This was our first time away from "Emma," but thanks to some kind neighbors she did fine -- though she was quite happy to see us back again!





Little Man celebrated his first double-digit birthday -- he requested a Mandalorian theme, so some "Beskar" balloons were required:




Gingerbread 2020 featured a castle under attack by a gumdrop dragon:





Handcrafted gifts enclosed in handcrafted wrapping paper, made by my sweet daughter -- I couldn't ask for more, or for a better way to close out a most difficult year.



Goodbye, 2020.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon,
    It is so good to hear from you again! Thank you for being so honest and real. But also thanks for writing of the joy in between. I have "watched" your children grow up and it is hard to believe that you have a double digit child already! The love your children have for each other is a joy to see.
    You are such a great, loving, and talented Mama. I love the cakes and the imagination put forth into each occasion. It appears Rosa is following in her mothers footsteps.
    I am sorry for the grief, but thankful the LORD has given you some moments of joy in between. Keeping you and your family in my prayers and praying the LORD gives you strength and joy to lead your children to love the LORD and praise HIM in the good times and in the storms.
    Much love in CHRIST JESUS our LORD,
    Carie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carie,

      Thank you for your kind words! It's actually been quite cathartic to post everything here -- it's good to be reminded of the happy times when the storm clouds seem so dense. Haha, if it's any comfort, I can't believe I have a double-digit child, either! Not exactly sure where that decade went...

      I really appreciate your encouragement, too; it's so easy to become discouraged by my failures, or to feel that I'm not measuring up to some elusive standard. But God is the One Who gave me these children, and He equips those He calls. I so appreciate your prayers for our family!

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!