Monday, June 28, 2021

Forest Friends













A few friends joined us unexpectedly for a picnic lunch near the creek. A handful of ground squirrels scampered about, darting close to our table before rushing back to cover. I've only seen a few Stellar's Jays during our time here, so having one perch in a tree right by our table was so lovely! He watched us very closely the whole time, and flew down to our table as soon as we'd left. I suppose they've figured out that picnickers mean food... 


 

4 comments:

  1. It's so cool to see the fauna in the Western half of our country. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to have such photogenic subjects (and my zoom lens)! ;-) I've thoroughly enjoyed the variety of wildlife out here.

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful bird! You really got some good pictures of it. I have always enjoyed ground squirrels. They are fun to watch. May you have more enjoyable days like that and don't forget your camera . ;-) You did get some very good pictures. Thanks for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carie,

    We certainly enjoyed watching the antics of the ground squirrels (which I'd mislabeled as chipmunks! Fixed that ;-). And yes, I was certainly glad I'd brought my zoom lens on this particular outing! Thank you for your kind words.

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!