Monday, September 21, 2009
It's officially finished. Last Friday night (at approximately 10:30 p.m.), I put in the last stitches on my wedding gown! But I'm afraid this is all I can show you until after the wedding:
Everything went together smoothly -- there were a few hiccups along the way (well, if you count cutting out the wrong sleeve pattern as a hiccup... *ahem*), but no problems that couldn't be sorted out quickly. The "official" dress went together in ten days -- not counting the several mock-ups that I've made over the past few months!
Friday was quite a marathon sewing day. I think I put in about eight hours (most of which was spent hand sewing), which is probably the most time I put in on any one day. I must say, the gown looks much better in white than it does in purple...
Now I can't wait to actually wear it! I'll be posting pictures and details as soon as possible after the wedding!