At long last, it was time. For quite a while now, my pincushion has been an embarrassment and a hassle. I loved it for many years, but it was quite worn out (and my tastes have changed significantly over the past 8 or 9 years!). Really, I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of it.
And thus, it was time to begin anew. Yet another saucerless teacup, finding new usefulness in my sewing room. It's quite a large teacup, too, which is perfect for the abundance of pins I seem to need for any given project. How do I use so many pins, especially when I often forego pinning my seams?
You can find my method in my Teacup Pincushion Tutorial -- it's quite simple! Though I did have to peel my hot glue out with a box cutter, after discovering that I'd glued it in a bit lopsided. Oops.
Granted, this pincushion doesn't have a specific place for needles, as my old one did (or rather, as I had improvised), so I think a small little needle pincushion is also in order. I'm thinking a mouse or a hedgehog. But knowing me, it will probably be a hedgehog!
Of course, these pictures are deceptively decorative. As soon as I put my camera away, I transformed it into a spiky, yellow-headed forest of pins. So far, it's been a vast improvement over my old cushion, and it's nice to have something that matches my taste. Now to see how long this one will last!