Saturday, May 04, 2019

Little Love

A dear friend from Virginia is getting ready to have her second baby. In other words, an excuse to sew and craft! I suppose I used a variety of materials for this gift -- leather, wood, linen, and silicone. 




I'd wanted to try making one of these balls for some time, and now I had the perfect opportunity. It's simply 12 pentagons stitched together. Construction gets a bit confusing, and it's a LOT of seaming -- but I love the result. The size of the pentagons will (obviously) determine the size of the ball, and I love that you can make it as big or as small as you want. I literally made a pentagon shape in Microsoft Word, copied it 11 times, and printed it out. 




My friend had pacifier leashes on her registry, so I dipped into my wood and silicone bead stash to make one:




I also included a Baby Believer board book (which I just discovered, and absolutely love!), and Gloria Furman's Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full (a favorite of mine when I'm in need of Biblical encouragement as a mom -- which is always).




A little handcrafted love to welcome this new, little God-crafted life!


2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I'd love to try to make the ball for my niece. Microsoft is very helpful for simple patterns, I found a leaf shape to make my sister leather leaf earrings like those Joanna Gaines often wears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Livia Rachelle! Fabric balls are a great way to use up tiny scraps -- I made another with a blend of linen, leather, felted wool, and chambray.

      Leather leaf earrings sound lovely, by the by. :-)

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!