Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Tea and Scandal

My second pair of "selfish" socks are officially done and I'm feeling pleased, indeed. 





I thoroughly enjoyed the Tea and Scandal pattern from This Homemade Life. I do like the lace pattern, but it was the Miss Marple association that really caught my eye, I'll admit! Toe-up was new for me, and I have to admit that I'd have preferred a wider toe. It's just about an inch wide at the tip, and I suspect it would look better with more initial stitches and fewer increases. Then again, I do have a very wide toe box.





Socks are still a mixture of mystery and magic for me. I don't know enough yet to make them work; I just cross my fingers (or my needles, perhaps?) and hope for the best. This pair was partly experimental, because I wanted to try Palette yarn for socks. It's inexpensive and comes in so many gorgeous colors, but I have my doubts about its durability. And considering the amount of time invested in a single pair, durability is an important factor! I've only worn them once, but they were quite comfy. No red flags so far, but one trial wear is hardly an adequate test. Hopefully they'll work; I refuse to buy superwash wool, and so many sock/fingering yarns are superwash.




I'm inclined to try a pair of Afterthought Heel socks, perhaps in child size since my growing littles are more in need of new socks than I am. The idea of just knitting a stockinette tube and adding the heel in later sounds pretty good to me!




Of course, I've finished these just as the weather has grown too warm to contemplate socks (classic me). But unless my feet undergo radical changes before Autumn, they'll be ready to keep my toes toasty when the temps come back down!


Raveled here.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. That color is so nice. All ready for warmer weather to come in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danice! I was hoping I had enough yarn, and as it turns out I have leftover. :-)

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!